Here at Elworth Hall we like to offer a wide ranging and accessible PE curriculum. For Key stage 2 classes we offer 2 sports each half term (usually in line with interschool tournaments) using the national curriculum guidelines. In key stage 1 we start the year with Key Skills lessons with a huge focus on the Fundamental skills which are the basis for most/all sports that we offer here at Elworth Hall.
Using our Sports Premium we try within school to hit our 5 Key indicators to improve our quality of PE lessons and sport that we offer:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity
- The profile of PE and Sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Assessment is made at the end of each Half term using a Football Association model of assessment guidelines called the 4 corner model (see below).