What School Governors Do:
The Local Governing Board at Elworth Hall Primary School works very hard to ensure that everyone associated with the school is provided with every opportunity to develop and grow in a secure and safe environment. We do this by ensuring that members of the Governing Board can bring broad, different skills and expertise to the role. The Chair and Vice Chair are elected by the Governors on an annual basis or when needed.
A Governor is there to:
- Provide a strategic view - help to set and maintain the broad framework within which the Head Teacher and the staff should run the school
- Act as a critical friend - provide the Head Teacher with support and offer advice and information but also to provide some challenge. The governing body is there to monitor and evaluate the school’s effectiveness and governors should therefore be prepared to ask challenging questions
- To ensure accountability - the Head Teacher and staff report to the governing body on the school’s performance. In turn the governing body is accountable to all stakeholders on the school’s overall performance
Types of Governor at Elworth Hall Primary School:
- Parent Governors - parents or carers elected by other parents or carers with children at the School or, on occasion, appointed by the governing body;
- Staff Governors - the Head Teacher and staff members elected by teaching and support Staff;
- Community and Co-Opted Governors - individuals chosen by governors from the local area who represent community interests;
- Associate Members - a discretionary category appointed by the governing body from individuals who may be able to make specific contributions, but who is not a governor and has no vote at full governing body meetings but may have limited voting rights at committee level.
Committee Structure at Elworth Hall Primary School:
The Full Governing Body (FGB) meets six times each year, half termly and separate Personnel Committee meetings are convened as and when required. The local governing board can delegate many of its functions to: a sub-committee, an individual governor, or to the headteacher where and when necessary. The governing board, however, always remains accountable for any decisions taken including those delegated to a committee or an individual.
If you are interested in joining our Governing Board or would like more information, please contact our Chair of Governors - Mrs Kelly Johnston by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meeting Dates 2022 - 2023
|Tue 13 Sep 2022||00:00||00:00||Elworth Hall Primary School||Governor Planning Day 22-23|
|Mon 10 Oct 2022||16:30||18:30||FGB meeting|
|Tue 6 Dec 2022||16:30||18:30||FGB Meeting|
|Tue 7 Feb 2023||16:30||18:30||FGB Meeting|
|Tue 28 Feb 2023||16:30||18:00||Extra Ordinary FGB Meeting|
|Tue 28 Mar 2023||16:30||18:30||FGB Meeting|
|Tue 16 May 2023||16:30||18:30||FGB Meeting|
|Tue 27 Jun 2023||16:30||18:30||FGB Meeting|
Committee Members 2022 - 2023
|Mrs Emma Clark||Head Teacher|
|Mrs Georgina Martin||Staff|
|Mrs Kim Edge||Parent|
|Mrs Kelly Johnston Chair FGB & Pay Committee||Parent|
|Mrs Vivienne Mees||Co-Opted|
|Mr Richard Birchenough||Co-Opted|
|Ms Laura Churchill||Co-Opted|
|Mr Nick Keegan||Co-Opted|
|Mrs Gill Merry||Co-Opted|